Bradlo is a Slovak community, located 10
kilometers from Hearst, Ontario, and
approximately 1,000 kilometers northwest
of Toronto. It was established in 1930 on
the urging of a Slovak Roman Catholic
priest in Montreal, who arranged for a
handful of unemployed Slovak men to leave
for Northern Ontario to what become the
community of Bradlo. The
last Slovak resident left Bradlo in 1969.
In 1997, the descendants of the original
Slovak settlers of Bradlo have organized
a celebration in conjunction with the 75 Anniversary of incorporation
of the municipality of Hearst (10 km from Bradlo) which will
include recognized by a special plaque
for Bradlo by Heritage
Foundation of Ontario on Saturday, July
|Friends of Bradlo committee
|Bradlo Memories - Volume #1
|Bradlo Memories - Volume
|Bradlo in N. Ontario - by Martha Quin - Bies
|An Immigrant's Memories - By Rudy
- by Rudy Bies
Bradlo - by Anna Bies
Album of Bradlo
Friends of Bradlo © 1997
All contents for www.slovak.com © 1997, Ondro Mihal.
All comments regarding this
page should be forwarded to Ondro Mihal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update on May 19, 1997.